Art with friends šŸŽØ

Ahh I see it in the other piece and Iā€™m thinking itā€™s the paper in your new sketchbook which is setting it off for me so nicely. I used an ultramarine mixed with a blue-grey for the blue baubles which turned out similarly I think. & Iā€™m glad you took the plunge with the Life cut out, it looks amazing x

2 Likes

Today, I decided to paint my paint brushes without using a paint brush! I used a stick, pastry/pasta cutter, feather, palette knife, and a plastic wobbly baster! It was more difficult than I expected but still a lot of fun! :heart::art:

3 Likes

Yes you sure were having fun. Did you try painting with the fork yet?

Hereā€™s mine inspired by a thyroid commercial where the picture of the eye had a castle above it. Mine doesnā€™t it has a tree. I still have more ideas for that crazy eye :wink:

3 Likes

No, I forgot to go get the fork; I will though! Thanks for the idea, itā€™s a great one!
Your piece really speaks to me! The tree, to me, is a symbol of Family and I see blue sky behind the autumn colors. The embellished eye reminds me of the evil eye icon which wards off evil intentions and the ladder is symbolic of the connection between heaven and earth. I love that you photographed your picture on your fall table cloth! Your creation inspired from a thyroid commercial (!) is wonderfully done and is authentic to who YOU are!! I canā€™t wait to see more of your crazy eye!! :heart::art:

2 Likes

Wow, thank you Norene, that is a lovely post about my picture :heart: Iā€™m looking forward to creating more with the eye. Several more, in fact. Isnā€™t it interesting how each of us sees something that inspires us! I love how you interpreted what the different parts of my drawing meant to you.

Iā€™m wondering about that fork and what else can be done with it. :heart:

2 Likes

4 Likes

Love your Christmas tree!! :heart::christmas_tree::art:

WIP of my emotions using color. Now that I see it from this perspective Iā€™m going to change it; a better (?) idea just came to me! I love artistic license! :heart::art:

1 Like

I LOVE this tree. So simple and so pretty! :heart:

1 Like

This is the finished piece I was playing with last week in our art group.

2 Likes

I love that youā€™ve done the same shape in different colors, textures and fills! Differences really make a difference! :heart::art:

1 Like

Thanks Norene, this was one of Andrea Nelsonā€™s fun tutorials. @Kate turned me on to her. I donā€™t use watercolors like she does. I love her humor and sheā€™s fun to watch.

2 Likes

The first picture is a WIP that I disliked. In the second one, I tried to do unexpected and or crazy things like using colors that I didnā€™t like (I realized I like all colors!); I also used molding paste which I have never used before and a plastic fork and my fingers to push the paint around. Some fuzzy green string, painted twine, a couple of old stamps and a chair round out the unexpected. :heart::art:

2 Likes

What an interesting creation Norene. The ā€œforkedā€ made us all laugh didnā€™t it :joy: Look at those colors you didnā€™t think you liked. Now you know you really do like them all.

Here is what I created. It was fun.

1 Like

Very nice, Jean! We did have some outright chuckles, didnā€™t we??!!

1 Like

Here is a picture I just created on iOrnament on my iPad. I didnā€™t even realize this was an app.

1 Like

What a nice surprise!! Looks fun!!

1 Like

Winter memories with a limited palette. :heart::art:

2 Likes

Playing around in my sketch book ā€¦ :artist:t2::heart::art:

1 Like

I love all the colorful shapes Norene. My youā€™ve been busy :heart:

1 Like